- 22 - 26 Mar 2021
- All Day
- £1100 + VAT
IoP Accredited Mediator Diploma - Online
With the rise of the demand for fully qualified and accredited mediators both in the UK and around the world, the IoP Mediation Course enables paralegals to learn and apply the skills needed to effectively mediate civil and commercial disputes.
This 5-day full-time virtual course is delivered and accredited by Hunt ADR to ensure that we are providing first class training, of which will lead to both an IoP Diploma in Mediation and use of the designation letters Q.Med.Pa.
On successful completion of this challenging (but fun) 40-hour course participants will also be able to become a fully qualified CMC Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator and authorised by Professional Paralegal Mediators in the UK by attending an additional day of face-to-face training, once Covid restrictions allow this. This is at no extra charge.
At the IoP we believe this is a fantastic opportunity for our members to be able to provide greater services and for law firms to train their Paralegals to become mediators for their firms.
Delegates will receive training and practice their skills via role plays and class exercises.
Learning will include:
- Introduction to the Dispute Resolution Landscape
- Introduction to the Theory of Conflict
- Introduction to the Psychology of Conflict within the Context of Mediation
- Understanding the Role of the Mediator
- Understanding relevant Case Law and Conventions
- Learning, Developing & Applying Skills required by a Mediator including Communications, Relationship Building & Negotiation Skills
- How to Create Value when Creating the Deal
Delegates will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- A Developed View of the World of Dispute Resolution
- Understood the Role of the Mediator in a Civil & Commercial Context
- Understood the Role of the Mediator in Facilitating Communications between the Parties
- Acquired the Basic Knowledge & Skills a Mediator Needs and the Ability to Demonstrate their Application of those Skills in an Assessed Environment
This course has 12 CPD points.
Certificates of attainment will be provided.
Holders of this accredited diploma can apply for a Paralegal Practising Certificate through the PPR if required.
Courses have only 12 places per session. If you would like to become a fully accredited mediator, enabling you to offer mediation services then enrol now.
Online Course Prices
IOP Member Price £1,100 plus VAT (Standard Price £1,500 + VAT)
How to enrol
To enrol, please contact the IoP by phone on +44 (0) 20 3011 2610 to make a payment by debit/credit card or by email if you need an invoice beforehand at [email protected].
Alternatively, you can also make payment by one of the below accepted methods of payment:
BACS BANK TRANSFER
Account name: Institute of Paralegals
Account number: 39289317
Sort code: 09-01-29
CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
PayPal (www.PayPal.com), making the payment to [email protected]