IoP Accredited Mediator Diploma
With the rise of the demand for fully qualified and accredited mediators, the Institute of Paralegals have launched a new qualification in conjunction with Hunt ADR, a Diploma in Mediation. This qualification is delivered over a one-week course and is fully accredited by Civil Mediation Council.
This collaboration with Hunt ADR ensures that we are providing first class training, leading to a qualification designed and delivered by experts in their field.
This five-day Mediator Skills Course is accredited by the Civil Mediation Council, successful completion of which enables you to gain the IoP Diploma in Mediation and use the designation letters Q.Med.Pa.
This challenging (but fun) 40-hour executive skills programme provides participants with the opportunity to learn and apply the skills needed to effectively mediate civil and commercial disputes.
You will be trained by experts and will be assessed through exercises and role play during the course.
Delegates will receive training and practice their skills via role plays and class exercises. Learning will include:
- Introduction to the Dispute Resolution Landscape
- Introduction to the Theory of Conflict
- Introduction to the Psychology of Conflict within the Context of Mediation
- Understanding the Role of the Mediator
- Understanding relevant Case Law and Conventions
- Learning, Developing & Applying Skills required by a Mediator including Communications, Relationship Building & Negotiation Skills
- How to Create Value when Creating the Deal
Delegates will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- A Developed View of the World of Dispute Resolution
- Understood the Role of the Mediator in a Civil & Commercial Context
- Understood the Role of the Mediator in Facilitating Communications between the Parties
- Acquired the Basic Knowledge & Skills a Mediator Needs and the Ability to Demonstrate their Application of those Skills in an Assessed Environment
This course has 12 CPD points.
Holders of this accredited diploma can apply for a Paralegal Practising Certificate through the PPR if required.
Courses have only 12 places per session. If you would like to become a fully accredited mediator, enabling you to offer mediation services then enrol now.
How to enrol
To enrol, please contact the IoP by phone on 0144 2508 205 to make a payment by debit/credit card or by email if you need an invoice beforehand at [email protected]
Alternatively, you can also make payment by one of the below accepted methods of payment:
- BACS bank transfer –
Account name: Institute of Paralegals
Account number: 39289317
Sort code: 09-01-29
- Credit or debit card via PayPal (www.PayPal.com), making the payment to [email protected]
IoP Members £1495.00 + VAT
Non-IoP Members £1895.00 + VAT
Prices include venue hire, refreshments and provision of all required mediation paperwork. Certificates of attainment will also be provided.
Dates & Locations
16th to 20th November 2019 | Central London
If you are interested in taking part but none of the dates / locations are available to you, please contact us and we will work with you to hold an event on a date and in a location suitable to you (subject to sufficient demand).
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for our members to be able to provide greater services and for law firms to train their Paralegals to become mediators for their firms.
Partnering with Hunt ADR to support the creation of a new professional qualification for paralegals provide an excellent opportunity for development within the profession.
On successful completion of training IoP Paralegals will not only be fully qualified CMC Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediators, but they will also be the only authorised Professional Paralegal Mediators in the UK.