How Can Paralegals Help You (Consumers) During Covid-19?
Most career Paralegals are still working. To check if they are available
-check their website
-arrange a virtual meeting
You can check the PPR register to find a Paralegal near you www.ppr.org.uk
You should use Paralegals that are members of the Institute of Paralegals or members of the Professional Paralegal Register (PPR).
Are Paralegals Key Workers?
The government has included all those who are ‘essential to running the justice system’
- Paralegals who work on imminent or ongoing court or tribunal hearings
- Paralegals who support the administration of justice
Can I Move House?
The government has amended the coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations to make clear that people who wish to move home can do so. This guidance provides important public health information to ensure that moving home and key activities around this, such as viewing property, can happen safely.
You must however follow the government’s guidelines and advice during the Covid-19 outbreak, so please check them HERE.
- Initial viewings should be done virtually wherever this is possible and property agents should help you to do this.
- All physical viewings should be limited to members of the same household and open house viewings should not take place.
- When physically viewing properties, where possible, you should avoid touching surfaces, wash your hands regularly, and bring your own hand sanitiser. The number of people on a viewing should be minimised to those from your household that absolutely have to be there. If you need to be accompanied by small children, you should try to keep them from touching surfaces and ensure they wash their hands regularly.
- If people are being shown around your current home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- As most people choose to, we recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
Anyone involved in any aspect of the home moving process should practice social distancing in line with public health advice.
When moving between properties, you and those in your household should try to do as much of the packing yourself as you can. Where this is not possible, you should speak to removal firms in advance. There is further advice about this below.
If you are particularly worried about the risk of infection, then speak to the professionals involved, your landlord, estate agent or removers as they may be able to put in place extra measures.
Everyone involved in the moving process must follow social distancing to minimise the spread of the virus.
For full guidance on buying and selling houses please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-advice-on-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
A Paralegal can continue to assist with these matters
CAN I MAKE OR AMEND A WILL?
Yes, most Paralegals offering a wills and probate service can take instructions remotely and will be able to explain the full procedure they will be following.
Need any further information? Call or e mail us at [email protected] or on 01442 508205.